Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Old Town Food Factory

Dallas Edition!  So now that we've settled well into the Big D, it's time to fire up the flame and throw on the spices.  Let the organic and unadulterated reviews begin.
Our first restaurant of review is the Old Town Food Factory.  Old Town Creamery you say?  No, almost; let me explain.  Old Town Creamery is the ice cream parlor which we've visited numerous times (will find some time to review that hopefully!), Old Town Food Factory is the unholy union of the amazing ice cream with less than savory food.
I ordered the Murgh Chana and the Mrs. ordered the gyro wrap.  Since I'm mostly obsessed with the food, let's get to it.  Imagine someone dumps a dollop of ice cream on an already melted bed of ice cream.  That was my Murgh Chana.  At the counter, I always ask them to advise me to order their house specialty.  Being desi, they say "Everything is amazing sir".  Right... but since I can't eat every single menu item, please tell me 1.  The order taker suggested the "...Murgh Chana, and be careful it's spicy".  Can't wait, got the food, dug right in.  First bite... where's the food?  I could have sworn I put something in my mouth.  Ok, maybe second bite? Third?  Last bite?  At least it was tasteless all the way through, consistency right?  Tried the gyro wrap from the Mrs.... It was only slightly better.  
You may be thinking that's overly harsh.  Perhaps, but I tried to look for flavor with my magnifying tongue; never could find it.  What I really think is they should have stuck to their falooda and paan ice cream.  Sorry OTFF, try remodeling your food recipes the way you remodeled your location and I'll return.

Spice Card
Atmosphere: A
Staff/Waiter: B
Food: D

No comments:

Post a Comment