Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Krispy Krunchy Chicken

KFC? Try Again. KGC? Wrong Again.  New contender to the zabiha fast food arena has entered the ring, KKC. I too went, what? Whos that? when I heard of it. Apparently, they've been around in other states before infesting Illinois with their unwholesome chicken-ness.  The place is owned by what seems like a couple of younger desi guys, at least thats what one of the guys behind the counter told me.  Its conveniently located right on Roselle Road and near Elgin O'Hare.  Before we drove over there, we called them on the phone and dude on the phone says, "Yes, we have multiple flavors of buffalo wings." Awesome, both the Mrs. and I are big fans of buffalo wings, so we headed over there around dinner time on a Saturday.
"Which flavors of buffalo wings do you have kind sir?"  "We have "hot"."  "Ok, and ?" "Oh, you're the guy that called on the phone... it turns out we don't have any other flavors." "I see...(sigh), ok, give me an order of the hot buffalo wings."
When we scanned for seating, there were 4 tables, 4 of which were dirty.  Not just dirty, sticky and filled with the last patrons food he/she didn't enjoy enough to place into his/her mouth.  Whatever, I'm hungry, I brush off a table and we take our seats for this already rough journey.  The wings come out, my wife order of cajun chicken tenders as well.  Wings were probably a rough 7/10, the tenders were 8/10.  I hate the vinegary "hot" sauce they use on buffalo wings, I prefer other flavors myself, this is the very reason I asked if they had others before we went.  The tenders were dry, but guess what? No cajun sauce for the tenders, which pretty much makes them no different from my daughter's chicken tenders we warm in the toaster oven.
We were still kinda hungry, and we should have really gone somewhere else, but we ordered a small order of cajun fries.  A few other customers come by, get their food, and we have yet to see our fries.  The guy gives me the sign that hes making them fresh in the back, so I don't mind waiting.  5, 10, 15, 20 minutes goes by.  I keep looking at the guy, giving him the "Wheres my food at yo" look.
I eventually ask him about them.  He then says, "Oh, I forgot them."  This was enough for my wife to say forget it and walk out.
For the record, we wanted to try the actual chicken too, but with this experience of customer service and environment, my wife and I weren't really feeling it.
Maybe in the future, when we're feeling up for clogging our arteries again, we'll frequent it.  I must say, if a reader will frequent it, I suggest going during the summer months, since the heat was likely kept at 50 degrees.



Spice Card
Atmosphere: C+
Staff/Waiter: D
Food: B-

No comments:

Post a Comment